About the Product
If you sketch it, they will come
A set of 8 sketching brushes for Procreate that I use in my day to day illustration and lettering work.
More and more these days I use Procreate for the sketching stage of my work, especially when I’m on the move.
This set was developed for the range of applications I want from a sketching brush from initial lining and quick mark making when you’re figuring a piece out, to quick fillers or more texture brushes to add depth.
The Brushes Below is a quick summary of each brush included in the set:
- Casual – The brush I normally pick up first when starting an illustration. Gives me a quick, smooth feel to start getting marks down fast.
- Softie – Another quick sketching brush with a little more texture than the Casual brush.
- Rough – Feels a bit like drawing onto concrete with a worn down 10b pencil.
- Smudge – A really toothy texture but with a much softer finish means this brush works really well as a liner or filler at smaller sizes.
- Growler – This is a gruff, chunky sketcher that works really well at larger sizes.
- Husky – Nice, big chunky sketcher for some quick mark making or shading.
- Dusty – At it’s smallest this gives you a broken, scratchy line but at larger sizes you have a fun shader that feels a bit like you’re shading on a concrete block.
- Oh Heck – The big boy! This one is for those hefty lines. My attempt at making a charcoal shader so there isn’t too much differentiation in the line thickness, more the opacity and graduation.
Thanks so much for checking my brush set out. If you decide to buy them and use them please do let me know how you get on! I love to see work created using the brushes i’ve made!
- Instagram – www.instagram.com/idleletters/
- Website – www.idleletters.com
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/idleletters
- iPad Pro
- Apple Pencil
The brushes in this set only work with Procreate on the Apple iPad Pro, so this means no photoshop or illustrator unfortunately, sorry! Each brush has been optimised for use with the Apple Pencil so I can’t guarantee how well they will work with any other stylus.